Artist: Mac Mall
Mac Mall, (born Jamal Rocker in Vallejo, California) is a West Coast rapper who became known in the mid/late 1990s, as one of the local artists putting the Bay Area on the hip hop map. Mac Mall was signed to Young Black Brotha Records.
One of Mac Mall’s first singles was a song called “Ghetto Theme”, and the music video directed by Tupac Shakur in 1993. He was also longtime friends with the Mac Dre, who was his mentor early on in his career/ repairing their friendship a couple of years before Dre’s death.[clarification needed] He is one of the premier artists on Dre’s Thizz Entertainment label. He is also cousins to E-40 and B-Legit.
In 1993 Mac Mall released his debut album Illegal Business? on the Young Black Brotha label. He was just 15 years old at the time his debut album was released. Khayree Shaheed worked as the producer and the album featured Ray Luv, Mac Dre and The Mac. In 1995 he contributed a verse to E-40’s “Dusted and Disgusted”, and in 1996 he signed a record deal with Relativity Records, which released his second, and most successful album, Untouchable.
In 1999, he started his own Sessed Out label, the first release being the compilation Mac Mall Presents the Mallennium, followed by his first solo album on the label, Illegal Business? 2000 a year later, although his popularity of a few years earlier had waned. Immaculate followed in 2001, on which he mixed gangster rap with religious themes, with Mackin’ Speaks Louder Than Words in 2002 and Illegal Game in 2004. He also contributed to the first “Boss Ballin” compilation record produced by D-Shot, cousin of Mac Mall and brother of E-40 and former member of the Bay Area Group “The Click”.
* 1993: Illegal Business?
* 1996: Untouchable
* 1999: Illegal Business? 2000
* 1999: Mallennium
* 2000: Beware of Those (With JT the Bigga Figga)
* 2001: Immaculate
* 2002: Mackin Speaks Louder Than Words
* 2004: Illegal Game (With JT the Bigga Figga)
* 2004: The Macuscripts, Vol. 1
* 2005: The Macuscripts, Vol. 2
* 2005: The Macuscripts, Vol. 3
* 2005: The Macuscripts, Vol. 4
* 2005: Da U.S. Open (With Mac Dre)
* 2006: Thizziana Stoned And The Temple of Shrooms Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.
More at Last.fm
No content available.